Monday, August 24, 2015

The Spirit Speaks so we can Hear


w/ two "daughters" (trainees) Hm. Jordan & Visick
8/24/15
So the biggest news of this week is that I was called to be a Sister Training Leader.  And I'll still be finishing Hna.Visick's training.  So that's pretty exciting but I'm also pretty nervous.  That's a lot of responsibility.  But I was thinking a lot about what Spencer said like two weeks ago when he was called as a District Leader and a trainer... that these responsibilities give us opportunities to grow, so I know this will be a transfer of a lot of learning and growing and relying on the Lord. 

Anyways, we have several really great investigators, who are willing to be baptized, but the biggest issue is getting them to church.  So we'll probably be doing some church tours in this coming week. 

But we had a really cool experience with an investigator a couple of nights ago.  It was our first lesson with her and we were teaching her the Restoration. She stopped us right after we shared the First Vision with her.  She told us that ever since we said the opening pray she felt like there was something warm going all throughout her body and she had never felt anything like it before.  She recognized that it was a sign that our message is true. That was such a powerful experience and lesson.  It's incredible how, when people are ready and willing to accept it, the Spirit will testify to them in a way that they'll recognize. 

I'm so incredibly (<--- it just took me like a solid 45 seconds to figure out how to spell that word. Sorry mom, I'm definitely not getting smarter on my mission) grateful for the Spirit and that we have the opportunity to feel it every day.  It's so cool. 

Anyways, I'm sending love! 

Hermana Horne 

No comments:

Post a Comment