Monday, August 24, 2015

Coming to Know God

"Stormin' Mormon"  Baseball Game
(With Peeps from Lake Elsinore)
w/ Hm. Visick

w/Brittany Perez

w/ Daniela & Evelyn Ramirez

w/ Luna

w/ Hm. Visick

w/ Hm. Guzman

w/ the Perez family
8/10/15
So this week was super fun! In Lake Elsinore the minor league baseball team is the Storm and on Friday they had a "Stormin' Mormon" night. Classic.  So all the missionaries in our mission got to go to that, along with our mission president and several stake presidents.  It was a blast! It was so fun to get together with all of the missionaries and enjoy a baseball game (didn't think I'd be doing that on my mission).  But the best part was that a lot of members from Lake Elsinore that I LOVE and have missed so much were there! So it was great being able to see them again and catch up a little bit.  Since Lake Elsinore was my first area it just felt like home.

Anyways, this week I've been reading about the sons of Mosiah and their missions in the Book of Mormon.  Something that really stuck out to me was in Alma 22:18.  Here, Aaron is preaching to the father of King Lamoni, teaching him about God.  This verse is the prayer of the king and he says, 

O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead.

That was so powerful to me.  This man, who doesn't even fully know that there is a God yet, is willing to give away all his sins to know God.  It kind of goes with what I wrote about last week, about loving God, but that's been on my mind a lot lately.  What are we willing to give up and leave behind in order to know God? 

I'm still working on coming to know God but I know that there are so many blessings that come when we are willing to try. We have more peace and life is fuller. 

Anyways, that's all for this week, but I'm sending love! 

Les quiero mucho, 
Hermana Horne   


1 comment: