Monday, August 24, 2015

God Works in Mysterious Ways

All the new trainers and trainees


New trainee, Hm. Visick

7/20/15
It has truly been a week of miracles, in so many ways.  I know now, more than ever, that Heavenly Father knows each of us, individually, and He hears our prayers. I can't begin to describe the joy that I feel in having that knowledge. I'll share an experience that I had here in the mission field that was a testimony of that to me...

This last week was transfers and I was called to be a trainer, but we were also doubled-in to an area, so neither myself, nor my companion, Hermana Visick knew any investigators or really who we should work with.  We decided to try to visit some former investigators.  Before our day started, we pulled some names of former investigators out of our area book and started to look through them and find the people that we thought we should visit.  I had picked out some names that I felt good about and put the rest of the names back into the area book.  But when I came back to where I had been sitting there was one name that had been left out.  I intended to put it back in the book, but as I picked it up, I felt that we needed to visit that person, Sergio. As I read his record, nothing really stood out to me, but I still felt that we needed to visit him.  So I put his record with the rest of the names we were going to visit, figuring we'd get to it.  

We planned to visit a couple of other people first, but when we got in the car I again felt like we needed to go visit this Sergio guy.  So we went.  We pulled up and the house looked empty, but we decided to try anyways.  As we walked up, the door opened.  A man walked out and asked if we were the renters.  We explained who we were and asked if Sergio was there.  He told us that the previous tenant had moved out a couple of days ago. I was a little bummed, but we asked him if we could share a video with him about Jesus Christ and he let us right in. As we talked to him a little more we found out that he had been sober for two years, but relapsed when we went to Vegas two days ago.  He was "racked with guilt" and beating himself up about it.  We testified to him of the power of repentance and that Jesus Christ is there to help us along the way, even if we do mess up.  The whole time we were there he kept talking about how amazing it was that we were there.  We testified to him the God knows him and is aware of his needs, and that's why we were there.  And I too know that that's why we were there.  Heavenly Father was aware of this man and his feelings of defeat.  He sent us there to answer this man's prayer.  At the end of our lesson with him we knelt in prayer, but before he offered the prayer, He looked at us and said, "God works in mysterious ways." 

I know, without a doubt, that there is a God.  He knows us and loves us.  Every single one of us.  The saint, the sinner, and the in-between.  It doesn't matter who were are or what we've done.  We're all children of a loving Heavenly Father and he's there for us.  

I know that us showing up at this man's house was an answer to his prayers.  And Heavenly Father has answered my own personal prayers in ways that I never would have expected.  It's incredible how He works.... in mysterious ways. 

I love you all so much! Never forget that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you and hears your prayers. 

Les querio mucho, 
Hermana Horne 


No comments:

Post a Comment