Monday, November 17, 2014

Double the Work to Do!

11-10-14

This week and last have been great! We got transfer calls 2 Saturdays ago.  We were totally expecting that Hna.Juarez would leave Lake Elsinore and I would stay, because that's usually what happens when training is over.  But we found out that we would be staying together! Which is crazy! We didn't really understand it, but then we found out our ward, which covers the entire stake's boundaries, was only going to have 2 companionships of missionaries, instead of 3, like it's previously had.  So Hna.Juarez and I took over a ton of the Elders' area, so we have a lot more work to do! It's awesome! And it turned out to be a really good thing that we stayed together, because it's almost like we got doubled-in to the Elders' area, plus we have our own area to cover.  But we have some really great investigators and a lot of work to do, which I love.  So things are going well! 

And what's really cool is that even though Hna.Juarez was my trainer, I don't feel like I'm being trained anymore (my training ended November 2). I mean, I'm definitely still learning a lot from her, but it's different.  And she feels the same.  She doesn't feel like she's training me anymore.  It's almost like the "mantle" or training has been lifted.  It's really cool. 

Our district leader has encouraged us to visit every one of the members in our area this transfer.  We have most the members of the ward in our area so that's a lot of people to visit.  But I'm really enjoying it! I'm loving getting to know the members better, and we've visited several in-active families that I had never met before.  They were really cool.  We just need to figure out how we can help them come back. But I'm glad he encouraged us to get to know the members.  I love it, and members are definitely the key to this work. 

I love you! I hope you have an awesome week! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Horne 


No comments:

Post a Comment