Monday, September 22, 2014

Consider the Lilies

9/22/14

This week we've been doing lots of finding! We've met a couple people with potential, so we'll see how they turn out! 

But one thing we've been trying to learn more about is Family History.  We know this will be a great missionary tool, and have already met some people who are interested in it, so we want to start getting into it.  But as we've been trying to learn more, I've had the opportunity to read some stories from my ancestors.  I am so inspired by them.  Several of them lived during the time of Joseph Smith and had personal contact with him, and it is so cool hearing their stories and testimonies of him.  Hearing their stories strengthens my own personal testimony that he was a true prophet of God. 

I'm also so inspired by the faith of many of my ancestors.  Florence Tate Horne wrote of her mother (Anne Marie Godfredson Hansen) that she knows that "God's choicest blessings are often poured out to those who are sorely tried."  I love that.  It's so true.  God's waiting to give the best blessing to those that endure and make it through those rough trials. 

Also, I was reading Ann Cannon's history, who is like my great grandmother time 5 or 6.  I remember hearing stories of her as I was growing up, but I was able to find a personal history that she wrote and read that.  Her experiences in Nauvoo during the time of Joseph Smith are so cool.  And wrote about the conversion of her family when she was little, as well.  She talked a little about her dad. George Cannon who had said about the Book of Mormon, "A bad man could not write it and a good man dared not unless he was inspired."  Such a good quote! And so true.  I loved that so much that I shared it with Hermana Juarez.  When I did, she was so surprised.  She said she had grown up hearing that quote.  Like apparently it's pretty famous? So that's cool.  

Families are cool.  And so is family history work. I'm loving learning more about my family.  It's pretty tight. 

Also, earlier this week, we stopped at the end of a street to figure out where the house we were trying to get to was.  While we were stopped I got out and found this cool bush of flowers.  The sun was setting right then, so the view of these flowers and the clouds was so pretty, especially since there were no building in the way of the view. It made me think of the scripture St. Luke 12:27-31, "Consider the Lilies," which is what this blog is titled after. The scripture talks about how God takes care of the lilies of the field, and he will take care of us the same.  It's such a good scripture, and I know it's true.  The Lord is looking out for us.  Each and every one of us.  And He wants the best for us.  He knows what he's doing up there, and I have a testimony that he gives us the experiences we need in order to help us in the future. 

Sending lots of love,
Hermana Horne
Best doughnut ever!  At the ward activity at Lake Elsinore.

Lake Elsinore ward activity

With Daniella at the Lake Elsinore ward activity.

"Driving to Dora's house is like an African Safari!"


No comments:

Post a Comment