Thursday, July 24, 2014

Changing the World, One Heart at a Time

7-22-14

This week has been so great!!! Thank you for all the letters from family... I loved them all!  In the letter from Grandma Horne she said that her Uncle had actually started the school that is now the Mexico CCM (MTC).  That is SO COOL! It makes being here at the Mexico CCM feel so much more special, knowing that I have family that started it, lived here, and walked these streets.  I love it. Every day I love being here more and more.  This gospel is so good.  I love that I get to be a part of sharing it. 

So the highlight of my week was probably today. We got to go to the Mexico City Temple! We didn't get to do a session, though, because it's closed for construction.  But just being there was awesome! It's so beautiful!  And driving through the city was so fun.  I love seeing how other cultures and people live.  
The other day, Hermana Carlson and I were studying outside (it's too beautiful here to not study outside) and a little red plane flew over us a couple of times, announcing in Spanish things that were on sale.  It was pretty cool.

Anyway, this week was great for so many other reasons as well. Yesterday, we had a cool experience where our district ''taught'' one of the elders in our district.  He left the room as we prepared things to say to him and then came back in for us to teach him.  We've all frown pretty close, and we all love this one elder so it was so cool teaching him.  Half of us (including me) were crying by the end of it, because we love him and we could feel God's love for him, and the Spirit was so strong.  At the end our teacher told us that if we could teach our investigators with the same love that we have for this elder then we will do great.  It was awesome. 

So funny story... the other night at dinner I was squirting some Blue Cheese dressing out of a pump dispenser and it shot out all over me! It got all over my clothes and arm, and all the elders were standing in line watching this happen.  It was like a scene straight out of a movie.  It was so funny.  I was laughing pretty hard, and so were the elders.  Afterwards, I was telling my district about it and one of our elders asked if I wanted him to go beat anyone up for laughing, since he's like my older brother.  LOL. It was so funny, I don't blame anyone for laughing, but that just shows how close we've gotten.  

So we get like 50 minutes of gym time every day, and lately a bunch of the Hermanas and I have been playing sports and I absolutely love it! We've played some  volleyball, basketball, and soccer.  And, believe it or not, I actually have loved playing soccer.  I used to hate it, but it's so fun here! 

Anyway, we had an awesome devotional this week by the Director of the CCM, Shawn Cates.  One of my favorite things he said was, ''You have a front row seat to one of the greatest miracle there is... a change of heart.'' I loved that.  I feel so blessed to be here and can't wait to witness the changing of lives and hearts.  I know my life has already changed for the better just from these first three weeks.

Also, I am so beyond excited that Spencer started his papers!!! I can't wait to find out where he gets called! No matter where it is, I know he's going to love it!  Being a missionary is one of the coolest experiences.  I can't wait for Spencer to have the same love and desire to bring others to Christ, and witness the miracle of a changed heart.  

Love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Horne


No comments:

Post a Comment