Tuesday, May 26, 2015

According to Our Faith

5/26/15

This last week was awesome! We've been trying really hard to get this one family to come to church.  They really have sincere desires to know if it's true, but they've always been Catholic and they don't want to "play games with God." Totally understandable.  But we were able to give them a tour of the church a week and a half ago and the Spirit was so strong in the chapel.  It was really great for them to be able to go and see what the building is like and feel the Spirit that's there. 

And then they came to church on Sunday! It was so great. They weren't able to stay for the full 3 hours because the little boy didn't want to go to nursery so they took him home, but they said they're going to stay next time.  But it was just great to see them there.  That was a big step for them and I know it will help them get closer to receiving their answer as to whether this church is true. 
We've definitely seen a lot of blessings in this area and in the last week.  

I'm absolutely loving serving in Riverside, but transfers are coming up next weekend so who knows what's going to happen! They could send me anywhere.  But I'm hoping to be staying for another transfer.  I love the people here.  There's some great members and we have some great investigators. But we'll see.  I'll go where the Lord wants me to go. 
                           
I was asked to give a training in District Meeting last week on finding effort and contacting people on the streets.  Even though I work at it, it's definitely something that I need to build my faith with.  I think the Lord knew that and that's the reason why I was asked to give the training. As I studied for it I definitely felt my faith increase. I shared Alma 5:11-13 as part of the training and we talked about how there was a mighty change wrought in the heart of Alma according to his faith. I've been thinking about that a lot lately, not just for the training on finding, but also as part of life in general.  So many blessings we see, so many experiences we have, so many things happen according to our faith. And if we're praying for a particular thing to happen, we need to have the faith that it can happen, if it be the will of God. 

I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to grow my faith every single day and to help others recognize the seed of faith that's already planted in their hearts.  I know that this church is true and that when we're living our life, striving to align our will with God's, we'll feel more peace and happiness in our lives. 

Love you guys.  Que tengan una buenisima semana! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Horne 


No comments:

Post a Comment