Monday, April 27, 2015

Halfway and Still Hoppin'

4-6-15
 
                                                           Easter Sunday
 
HAPPY EASTER! And conference weekend! What could be better? Conference was the bomb.  I loved every second of it and was so sad when it ended.  But man, did I feel drained.  Spiritually and physically.  Isn't it crazy how feeling the Spirit can do that to you? But I also felt SO UPLIFTED.  So many of the talks were amazing.  I loved Wilford W. Anderson's talk about dancing to the music and helping others to hear it.  How often do we dance and just expect that others can hear the music? There's little things we can do to help others to tune into the music. I thought it was so powerful. 

Another one of my favorites was President Uchtdorf's talk on the grace of God.  God's grace is something that I've really studied, learned a lot about, and continuing seeking knowledge on as I've been on my mission.  It's a topic that's close to my heart, as I've gained such a testimony of the grace of God as I've been serving my mission.  So his talk hit home with me. Grace is such an incredible thing. It unlocks the gates and opens the windows of heaven.  How incredible! What I love the most is that "His grace refines us." As President Uchtdorf said, it's through grace that God's power and strength is poured out upon us so that we can BECOME BETTER.  We can try our hardest to become better, but it becomes so much easier when we rely on the powers of God to help get us there.  And it's so true. I have such a testimony of that and the strengthening and enabling power of Atonement. We are truly nothing without it. 

That being said, let's talk about the fact that I'm HALFWAY through my mission and man, I could not have overcome the trials or experienced the triumphs without God's help along the way. It's been an absolutely amazing 9 months.  I've really come to see the change in myself and my desires as I've been here.  Those changes have come slowly, but surely, as I've worked to align my will with God's (and I still have a long way to go). So I can't wait to apply what I've learned (as mom suggested) and continue to learn more as I go through these next 9 months. 
Also, fun fact, you know you've been a missionary for a while once you start getting callouses on your knees from praying so much.  Like what? I didn't even know that could happen. But it has! haha 
Also, shout out to my companion, Hermana Jordan, because she made me me an awesome breakfast of German pancakes and a nice little card to celebrate my halfway mark. (She also made crepes on Easter... she's basically the best).  Then we found an ice cream truck and sister Jordan bought her first ice cream bar from an ice cream truck.  It was a monumental day for both of us. :)
Anyways, love you all so much! 

Con amor,

Hermana Horne 

No comments:

Post a Comment