Thursday, March 12, 2015

Grateful for Grace

3-2-15

Highlights of the week: 

1. Softball, then a little bit of football, then soccer with our zone (pictures to come next week)
2. Exchanges with the STLs 
3. Teaching combined Young Women's/ Young Men's on Sunday

So lately I've been studying/ thinking a lot about the grace.  There's so much more to it than I ever understood before! Christ's Atonement was a reeeeally miraculous thing.  And through that and His grace, not only are we cleansed from sin, but we can also lean on Christ to strengthen us and to help us to become better.  It's through his grace that we can overcome our weaknesses, that we can develop good habits or Christ-like attributes.  I was reading in Romans this week and I found a scripture that I loved.  It's Romans 5:6 and it says,"For when we are yet without strength in due time Christ died for the ungodly."  I don't know about you, but I've had a lot of times where I've felt like all my strength is gone.  That I've tried me best and that wasn't good enough.  But that's when Christ comes in.  That's what he died for.  To help us and strengthen us in those times of exhaustion and weakness.  All we need to do is ask for His help.  And for that I am so grateful.  I'm so grateful that we can lean on him in our times of weakness. Because, boy, do I need it sometimes.  And it works.  I testify that it works.  I know that when we pray to God for strength He will help us with it. 
I hope you all have a great week! 

Sending love from California, 

Hermana Horne 

No comments:

Post a Comment