Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sticker Life!

8-5-14

So this upcoming week is my last week in the Mexico CCM! Crazy! The time has flown! All the leaving missionaries have to wear a sticker on their name tags and that'll be us in just a couple days! I'm all about that sticker life.  But I'm kind of sad to be leaving here. I've really grown to love the CCM (and Elder and Hermana Jones told us that we're their favorite district, obviously that means we're a good time).  And I have no idea what to expect once I get to California.  It'll be an adventure, for sure! 
That being said, send any mail for me to my California address! Which is:

Sister McKayla Christine Horne
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504-1328

Letters= LOVE<3 

Anyways, so the other day my companion and I were walking outside and I was telling her that, although this sounds weird, I think the impoverished houses on the mountain are so pretty and I just want to walk through them. She told me they wouldn't be as pretty once we get close, but I explained that I love them because I think that it's beautiful that people live in poverty like that and are still so happy.  Hermana Carlson told me it made her think of this quote: 

''Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a special person to love a leaf.  It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary.''  I loved that. 

And you know what else I love? Spanish. I love speaking it, I love writing it, I love that it will be my language for the next year and a half.  I'm nowhere near fluent, but I can tell I'm progressing, which is a really good feeling. I've also started to really learn the meaning of teaching lessons with the Spirit.  Our lessons are definitely improving.  Although, I have a feeling that once I get into the mission field it's going to feel like I'm starting over on everything I've learned about teaching and speaking here.  But I'm so excited to teach with the Spirit to real investigators and see that I'm making a difference in people's lives.  

So fun fact from this week... My companion, Hermana Carlson, and I discovered that we're related (what!? crazy, right?).  We're like second cousins once removed or something.  Her great uncle, Grant, is married to Grandpa Edgley's sister, Aunt Lenona.  And her mom grew up with grandpa's family in Preston, Idaho.  Small world! 

Oh also, birthday shout-out to Madi who's turning 20 on Sunday! iFeliz Cumpleanos!
Anyways, I love it here, I love being a missionary and can't wait for the adventures to come! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Horne


No comments:

Post a Comment